Saturday, June 04, 2005

Homesickness

I have never been one to experience homesickness. When I was little, I was the girl at camp who couldn't understand why the other kids would be sad to be away from home. And now, I've been living away from home since my sophomore year in high school. In all that time, I can only remember longing for home once--the first semester of my sophomore year. But even that quickly passed. Sometimes I wondered if my lack of attachment to my home and family was a bad thing, since everyone else seemed to always miss theirs. But me, if I ever missed anything, it was usually my school and friends when I was at home.

For some reason, I'm currently feeling extremely homesick. It's really strange and confusing. First off, I'm not even certain as to what I'm missing--home, school, or specific people. Secondly, I can't figure out why these feelings are coming about. I'm usually resonably independent, and don't feel especially attached to specific places. But right now, I find myself longing for comfort and familiarity. I keep getting this weird feeling in my stomach, and tears sometimes well up. It's so bizare.

I just don't get it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girly, I feel you with the never being home sick. I usually good about that as well. And maybe you want familiarity because this fine fine internship has yet again put you in an entirely new place with new people in an entirely new situation and maybe you're just a bit tired of the having the be readjusted thing. Either/Or you can always ring me up!

-Lis

5:33 AM, June 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home