Monday, December 17, 2007

Straight Down to the Bitter End

Last week, I sat outside in the California sunshine and temperate December weather, enjoying my favorite sandwich from my current favorite lunch-spot in Berkeley. The sandwich was delicious, as per-usual. Until the last bite. Maybe the combination of ingredients was off, or something. But it was less than perfect compared to the rest.

This is one of the worst things ever.

I'm starting to get the same feeling about academic semesters. I'm excited and interested at the beginning. Anxious, even, about the possibilities of the upcoming classes and research. Then by the time final exams and projects roll around, I have a bitter taste in my mouth about the whole thing. I want the semester to be over, so that I can start the new one that I still have an optimistic outlook on.

I'm not sure if this is just typical burnout, a dislike of finals and the stress that goes along with them, or a sign that I'm not in the right line of work. I'm guessing it's some combination of the first two. Hopefully.

But for now, I'm just telling myself that next semester will be better.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home