Saturday, June 04, 2005

Blogging

I found a neat article on the BBC about the influence of Blogging in the EU constitution votes. The article isn't especially profound or anything, but I enjoy the fact that main stream media is really taking notice of blogs and their power.

I wrote a research paper this past spring about blogging, and it made me very aware of how much potential the media form has. The paper, which was ridiculously ambitious even after I narrowed down my original topic ideas, compared and contrasted the historical development of newspapers and blogs in the media. The paper certainly didn't turn out as I wanted it to, but I was at least able to make part of my argument. Basically, that people should stop criticizing and discrediting blogs. Given the chance to evolve, the very young concept of blogging has amazing potential to become a vital media form.

The paper was part of what inspired me to start this blog. Though I can't say that I've had anything too inspiring or insightful to say on it. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home