Monday, July 04, 2005

Worry Wart

Whenever I travel, my mother, being a typical mother, always required that I call her upon arrival at my final destination (if not multiple times during the journey). Being a teen deeming herself grade A indestructible, and whom longed for independence, I hated this. It was just my mother being obsessively over-protective of her youngest daughter.

Now in my 20-ish wisdom (ha), I've realized the error in my ways. I too find myself worrying for loved ones traveling. I know it's incredibly paranoid; I feel ridiculous sitting around thinking "oh no, what if they're in a ditch somewhere?!" But, being someone deemed a worry wart as early as first grade, I just can't stop the stream of what if's.

I feel bad for all those times I forgot to call when I got there safe.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. Way to show me the error of my ways in a forum potentially seen by millions, and yet maintain plausible deniability of your intent! Way to ensure profuse apologies the next time I talk to you! And, most of all, way to be a girl! Passive-aggressive, public tongue-lashings are the best, aren't they? Hehehehe

Monsieur Magic Twig

9:44 PM, July 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, cute comment by Mr. Magic Twig. But I feel you, I like freaking out about why ppl don't call. And you know what Amy, next time I get somewhere safe I'll call you to let you know! Miss ya!

-Lis

3:05 PM, July 06, 2005  
Blogger Amy said...

'Lis, you assume you're a loved one, hehehe.
I joke, I jest, I kid....je blarg.

8:20 PM, July 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home