Sunday, June 01, 2008

I Turn My Camera On

I've been slowly exploring more of San Francisco and the Bay Area. Slowly only because my classes and research this past semester kept me quite busy. When I had free time, I just wanted to watch my latest Netflix movie and pass-out on the couch. Which is a shame, really, because I enjoy this area when I finally come out of hermit-mode.

With exams over, I'm back to my more active self. So, I have some pictures. Most of them are older, actually. I just never uploaded them--another example of my recluse tendencies under stress.

I went with some friends to Santa Cruz and Carmel during spring break:

A boat on some random pier

The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. A bit touristy for my tastes, but people watching here was fun.

The waterfront in Carmel, California. If I'm somehow very wealthy when I retire, this could very well be where I end up.

An overly twee, but very delicious candy store in Carmel.

Matt and I also finally walked across the Golden Gate Bridge:

I wish I could credit great my great photo skills for this shot looking like it belongs on a postcard. But really, it's just hard to take bad pictures of somewhere like this.

The bridge really is an impressive structure.

Looking back on San Francisco from the bridge.

A few random shots:

One-Way Colour Tunnel by Olafur Eliasson at SFMOMA. I saw his full exhibit there this winter and meant to write a post about it, but never got around to it. Maybe this summer.

My and Matt's favorite local coffee shop, Farley's.

More pictures at my Flickr account.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lis said...

oh man I'm so excited to visit you!

1:31 PM, June 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home