Thursday, August 18, 2005

I Guess Mornings Aren't Completely Terrible...

Let the pop-act mocking continue!

Today, I (somewhat unwillingly) rolled out of bed before 12am. A very rare occurrence for me during my stays at home. But, my efforts at least yielded some personal amusement.

While sleepily eating breakfast, The Today Show was on in the background, and I happened to see Hilary Duff's live performance of her new hit "Wake Up." Video of this can be seen here (Windows Media).

All I can say is that Hil's got some really smart people working for her. The attempt to cover up her lack of singing talent is well done--and soooo obvious. Between the reverb and excessive background singers, you really don't hear her voice at all. The real Hilary does pop out once near the end of the bridge. Reverb and background singers cut out, and it's just her meek little off-key voice by itself. Sad, really. While it's shameful to deceive people with these musical tricks, the consideration of the public's ears is much appreciated. I don't think I could stand it if we actually heard her sing live the whole time.

The kids and the hosts seemed to really like the show, despite it's fakeness. I wonder if her Mom tried to beat up anyone at this show...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought about it like that...I suppose it is very considerate of them to disguise her weak voice. I only hope to be as courteous when I'm a pop star...

8:37 AM, August 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what, I think you're right about having smart ppl working for her.. I think she's doing this whole Black wig thing to detract for her MASSIVELY FAKE TEETH! Just a thought!

6:41 AM, August 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home