Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'm Going To Sing This Song With All Of My Friends

There has been some recent internet buzz about a new band called I'm From Barcelona. As soon as I heard their song "We're From Barcelona" [from their debut album Let Me Introduce You To My Friends], I was smitten. It's cheery, playful, catchy-as-I-don't-know-what pop with handclaps; of course I love it. The video, with it's smiling, singing chorus of band members, only makes the song cuter:



If you didn't already guess, I'm From Barcelona aren't from Barcelona at all. They are, fitting with their bubbly pop, Swedish. The 29 person collective [I think this tops Broken Social Scene for most ridiculously sized band. Impressive.] have surpassed adorable here. Not to mention the song's ability to seep deep into your brain on impact.

This song is well suited for the recent "kid songs that appeal to indie parents too" compilations, actually. I like it, and I can think of several youngsters who would happily "na-na" along with these Swedes. Plus, the video already looks like it could air on Sesame Street. They'd only need to add a section where they count all of the band members. And maybe get rid of the "I'm with stupid" shirt.

More songs on their MySpace.
Another video at their website.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

::sways & sings::

10:32 PM, August 15, 2006  
Blogger Lis said...

I was going to say that polyphonic spree was larger, but in fact they only have 27 members.. so you win!

7:22 PM, August 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you notice one of those guys looks exactly like Frank?

7:39 AM, August 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home