Friday, January 13, 2006

"You, shake your junk."

This is a bit old, but I've been super lazy as of late. And for that I appologize.

For those of you that may not be aware, Diplo has remixed Ray Charles' "I Got a Woman," and it's absolutely wonderful. An mp3 can be accessed on his official website under mp3s (the first dinosaur), posted on Deceber 5th 2005. I hate flash sites and their lack of direct links.

As usual, Diplo manages to inspire all sorts of booty shakin'--the song is just plain fun. I'm still incredibly sad about missing him in Chicago for New Years, and listening to this song reminds me of why. Diplo is a super sweet DJ, with a real knack for making songs dancable. This remix in particular isn't as good as the original (how could he beat Ray Charles?), but it's certaintly a superb club-friendly adaptation.

P.S. - If you recognize the song but can't quite place it, it's the Ray Charles song Jamie Foxx imitates in the sample used in Kanye West's "Gold Digger."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home