Sunday, December 18, 2005

A Wintry Wonderland

Having lived up north all of my life, I'm pretty used to wintery weather by now. Can't say I'm always a fan of it--especially if I have to walk 20 minutes to campus in it! But, every now and then I see something that reminds me of the things I've always liked about winter. Like this:



Simply awesome. Posted by Picasa

Ice in general is pretty neat. I remember putting bowls of water outside when I was little to wait and see when they'd freeze. I thought it was so cool. (Ok, yes, I was and still am very easily entertained.) But when ice forms in such unique shapes like this, it's even more fascinating. I'm not entirely sure how this giganticicle formed, but I think it was probably caused by the brief warm spell we had. Stuff started melting, and then all froze back again.

Either way, it's awe inspiring. Though, now that I think about it, maybe that's why it's always so cold in my dorm room. . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the giganticile I found is much better than your odd one since mine is a true icicle http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43954844/

11:51 PM, November 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home