Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I don't know about you, but I could go for a nap.

I apologize for the complete lack of updates recently. But it's totally not my fault, I swear. With school picking up, I have far less time to peruse the internet finding amusing things to share and comment on. I also have less time to ponder things. It's not so much that I don't have things to say. More that I don't have the time to sit down and articulate them nicely. Or the free time I have is spent doing other things, like sleep.

I find it interesting how college--higher education--makes me revert to very basic behaviors. Sleep and food are regarded most precious above all else. Spare time: I'll take a nap! Free food: CHOMP! Interesting intellectual discussion/lecture: is there free food? Cause otherwise, I don't know...I could use that time to nap.

It seems as though there's some sort of nerditude conservation principle at work here. I only have so much nerdiness to go around. When in school, putting forth lots of mental effort in classes, my free time is devoid of intense thought. When not feeling the crack of the Physics-major whip, I spend lots of time exploring interests, reading, and writing.

Of course, the fact that I am using a conservation principle to describe my mental exhaution goes against the whole theory....Damn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

taking hard classes does make us devoid of the motivation for creative fresh thought. i've had that problem in school too. that makes me glad that i am doing an off campus internship which allows time for reflection and contemplation. i remember my mind aching after studying real analysis and quantum physics in the same semester no less..

7:58 AM, October 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget about pooping!

- John

6:32 AM, October 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home