Monday, November 21, 2005

Yesterday a sloth challenged me to a race and won

I have been completely overwhelmed with laziness as of late. Definitely not a good thing to happen when I have important assignments due in over half of my classes. Though I think the two facts are related--I'm feeling quite burned out.

One odd aspect of my laziness is the things I do instead of work. Currently, my favorite procrastination method is looking at graduate programs. I have no idea why, when burned out on doing work, I want to look into more school and work to come. But, I have wasted hours doing just that.

From my research, it looks like if I do decide to go into prosthetics and/or orthotics, applying to programs will prove quite simple. . . there is only one accredited post-graduate program in the entire country. Though this could also make things very stressful, as if I don't get accepted to this program, I am screwed.

Much to the delight of a friend of mine, this one program is at the Georgia Institute of Technology. It looks like a very neat program. Exactly what I would want if I were to pursue the field: I'd be able to get certified to work with patients, get research experience, and have the possibility of continuing on to a Ph.D. in a related field. Only problems being that I've had no experience with prosthetics, and have no idea if I'll really like it in practice. It also requires taking a cadaver dissection lab, which requires me getting over the cold sweats and queasiness often inspired by watching other people be poked and prodded. So, who knows. I suppose I've got time yet before I need to make a decision.

Unless, of course, I just keep procrastinating it all away. Much like I am doing now. . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!! :D

GATECH GATECH GATECH!!!

3:08 PM, November 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home