Friday, March 17, 2006

I may get Sir Mix-a-Lot all hot and bothered, but I cannot find a skirt

I went shopping with my mother today. I made a pretty decent haul, but was unsuccessful in finding the one thing I wanted for the upcoming warmer weather: a skirt. And there's one main reason for my failure:


Posted by Picasa

Why must every skirt have a waistband of this sort? Why?! Here's a hint to designers: thick waistbands like this RARELY work for those of us with significant junk in our trunks and/or large hips!

Seeing as how I've been told on several occasions that I have "child birthin' hips" and a "badunkadunk," I have just about given up on this style of skirt. But damn it, they're all so pretty!

P.S.- On an entirely unrelated note, I noticed very odd music choices in two different establishments this afternoon.

1) Gap was playing "Funny Little Frog" by Belle and Sebastian (off of their newest album The Life Pursuit). Quite odd, indeed. Especially considering that their other album titles include The Boy With the Arab Strap. "Arab Strap" meaning the sex toy.

2) Fuddruckers played "Move Your Feet" by Junior Senior. It's a delightful song, but a bit unexpected from a burger chain famous for their excessive 1lb burger.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lis said...

curse you skirt makers!

4:15 AM, March 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home